Healthy eating is essential to your health and wellbeing. Food is your body’s fuel and gives your body what it needs to function. Between Uni lectures, jobs, family and our social lives we often don’t find the time to prepare healthy meals to nourish ourselves. Instead, we turn to sugar laden processed food and ultimately our health suffers. But the thing is, everyone needs to eat - and everyone needs to eat healthily.
This page provides you with plenty of tips on how to eat healthily whilst studying - proving that it is possible to eat healthy, wholesome food on a budget. You can also find weekly recipes and links to a lot of other useful information.
How to check whether you’re eating healthily:
How is your diet? Do you eat healthily? If you are unsure, or just want to check how your diet compares, then why not take this quick Healthy Eating Test?
- What does a balanced diet even look like? Here is a simple guide to a healthy plate of food.
How to improve your diet at University:
- Try our 4 week Cookery Course - A four week basic cookery course aimed at beginners will teach you how to make lots of different new cookery skills and tasty dishes.
- Sign up to our Veg Bag Scheme - A weekly Veg Bag delivered here on Campus each Thursday by the Wholebox Team to enable you to access affordable fresh fruit and veg easily and regularly.
- Read our helpful guides on Nutrition and Seasonal Food.
- Watch this short video to see other students’ experiences with cooking.