Healthy eating is essential to your health and wellbeing. Food is your body’s fuel and gives your body what it needs to function. Between Uni lectures, jobs, family and our social lives we often don’t find the time to prepare healthy meals to nourish ourselves. Instead, we turn to sugar laden processed food and ultimately our health suffers. But the thing is, everyone needs to eat - and everyone needs to eat healthily.
How to check whether you’re eating healthily:
How is your diet? Do you eat healthily? If you are unsure, or just want to check how your diet compares, then why not take this quick Healthy Eating Test?
- What does a balanced diet look like? Here is a simple guide to a healthy plate of food.
How to improve your diet at University:
- Visit Greengrocers the on campus fruit and veg stall to stock up on healthy ingredients
- Look online for some healthy recipes to try. Student Cooking is a great place to start as students share their dishes and top tips.
- Try our 4 week Cookery Course - A four week basic cookery course aimed at beginners will teach you how to make lots of different new cookery skills and tasty dishes.
- Read our helpful guides on Nutrition and Seasonal Food.
- Watch this short video to see other students’ experiences with cooking.