Healthy eating is essential to our health and wellbeing. Food is our body’s fuel and gives us the energy we need to function.
Between Uni lectures, assignments, part-time jobs, our families and our social lives, we often don’t find the time to prepare healthy meals to nourish ourselves. Instead, we turn to sugar laden processed food, and ultimately our health suffers. However, eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult, and we’re here to help you think about your diet whilst here at Salford.
This page provides you with plenty of tips on how to eat healthily whilst studying - proving that it is possible to eat healthy, wholesome food on a budget. You can also find weekly recipes and links to a lot of other useful information.
How to check whether you’re eating healthily:
How is your diet? Do you eat healthily? If you are unsure, or just want to check how your diet compares, then why not take this quick Healthy Eating Test?
What does a balanced diet look like? Here is a simple guide to a healthy plate of food.
How to improve your diet at the University of Salford:
- Try our 4 week FREE Cookery Course
- Check out our page recipe_of_the_week, updated regularly to show you a different recipe to cook for you and your housemates
- Sign up to our Veg Bag Scheme
- Read our helpful guides on Nutrition and Seasonal Food
- Like or follow us to get daily tips and regular links to new recipes